The compilations that I post here were originally made for my own enjoyment and that of my family, but out of the generosity of my heart I want to share them with the world ! They are made with tracks from my own vinyl collection but also from tracks that I've collected trough the years from all over the internet. It's impossible to credit the original poster, but consider yourself utterly thanked.


30 jun 2022

Exotique Belgique

 Monsieur Maurice presents with pride, and somewhat apprehensive, the first volume of a compilation of Belgian Exotica. To hear the words "Belgium" and "Exotic" in one and the same sentence seems already to be a 'contradictio in terminis', but this compilation will prove you otherwise. I hope...


Tracks

01 Jungle - Roger Mores
02 Babalu - Nico Gomez
03 Bangala - Bun Hunga & His Combo
04 African Dance - Jack Sels
05 Scarabee - Andre Brasseur
06 Baia - The Jokers
07 Jane La Tarzane - Annie Cordy
08 Eso Es El Amor - John Evans and the Big Band
09 Mamadu - Ruben Calzado
10 Jungle Drums - Don Catelli & The All Stars
11 Het Lied Van Lima - La Esterella
12 Bali Ha'I - The Waikikis
13 Stranger In Paradise - Toots Thielemans
14 Quiet Village - Francis Bay And His Orchestra
15 Remember Boa Boa - The Waikikis
16 Uele  - The Kili Jack's
17 Jungle  - Les Dorians
18 Tabou - The Jokers
19 Kuku Yango - The Ruby's

Inside the file you will find 19 Exotic gems that will transport you to the depts of a savage wilderness of worlds unknown. There will be roars and cries of exotic species. There will be songs, sung in languages you've never heard before... Do you dare to venture there ?

I've added a little booklet with info on the featured artists. You can find that in the Cover folder.

Enjoy !

Tikala malamu.

MM


7 opmerkingen:

  1. Belgian Exotica? Will give a try. Thanks MM!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. "somewhat apprehensive"? Please don't be! I admin or moderate a few Exotica sites on Facebook.
    "Exotica...and other Cool,Unusual Music" we have over 12,000 members and been at facebok for about 12 years...

    Hope you join and find a way to share over there. Facebook usually dosen't like blog promotions. But there are ways. Have a blog there too, but very sporatic.

    Belgian Exotica is very much a thing, and there are some other compiliations, commercial or homemade out there. Belgian music and artists in all areas of music are much appreciated.

    Well put together artwork!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Martooni, It's rather recently that I shifted my focus on the Belgian Music Scene from the 50's, 60's and 70's. I'm full on learning and discovering... So yes, to my own surprise I've noticed that Belgian Exotica is a 'thing', and my curiosity is very much peaked! I appreciate your suggestion to check out the Exotica FB group. I'm not a big FB fan though. I have a kind of sleeping FB account out of necessity, but I hardly use it. I've glanced at your suggested group, and it looks very interesting. So I will venture there to take a look. Don't know about participating..., but feel free to publish the compilation over there! I can confirm that there will be more to follow!!!
      You've mentioned that you tried to send me a message? was it by e-mail? I've seem to have missed that...
      Nice to have heard from you,
      MM

      Verwijderen